Wednesday, November 16, 2011

By Any Other Name Still

I bleed in painful rhapsody just to hold you
In a way I myself don’t quite understand; 
It’s as if you’re always flailing whenever you’re dancing with the wind. 
And I can’t stand it, I can’t take it… 

The droplets of dew on your soft, red cheeks 
Each one of them I’ve tasted and longed for with all that’s left of me, 
Oh just like how I’m still longing for you 
Even though you’re mine now 
(Or so you say…) 


But no, I won’t pull you off your frail beauty, 
Though I know in my heart it could only mean the end. 

That my breasts will smell of you no more, I fear not 
That red won’t be as soft as it was before, I fear not 
That all I’d be left with is the rusty aftertaste 
Of my rue relentless, I fear not… 

For my only dread is that in my hands you’ll wither 
And die in solitude. 


Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment